For its for-profit and non-profit clients, Empowering Communications had devised strategies to increase visibility, improve the image of their organization and expand their activities. These were accomplished through the development of improved branding, effective media outreach and targeted lobbying.
Empowering Communications is highly experienced at:
- holding press conferences,
- developing effective press releases,
- talking points and factsheets,
- producing promotional videos,
- the cultivation of relationships
- with key media personalities, and
- the targeting of designated audiences of key decision makers and influencers.
Empowering Communications consistently brings three critical communication factors into balance: the message(s), the media channel(s) and the audience(s), as well as the production of media tools such as promotional videos.
Sampling of Activities
Developed a lobbying strategy with U.S. Congress for the satellite radio broadcaster, World Space Corporation and marketed its unique satellite capacity to international humanitarian organizations and U.S. government agencies.
- For Thomson Reuters, shot and produced promotional documentary on the historic implementation of a digitized Land Information System in Uganda that replaced the antiquated, colonial era and corrupted paper land record system.
- Created and implemented a media-focused public relations campaign for the visit to the United States of the world’s second largest Muslim organization, the Indonesia-based Muhammadiyah, involved in health activities.
- Developed a branding, advocacy and media relations strategy for the East, Central and Southern Africa Health Community, a regional health association headquartered in Arusha, Tanzania.
- Developed a media outreach strategy for the American Red Cross for a high-level delegation to Chad and Ethiopia. Produced talking points and arranged for interviews of Red Cross delegates by the Ethiopian and international media.
- Developed both a communication strategy and work plan for the USAID-funded Neglected Tropical Diseases initiative; the strategy incorporated communication, advocacy and resource mobilization needed for in-country resource mobilization.