Empowering Communications develops distance learning multi-media tools using state of the art digital technology appropriate to the information technology infrastructure of specific countries. Empowering Communications has undertaken innovative distance learning interventions using a variety of satellite and computer-based technologies – targeting schools, health care providers and journalists.
ACME-IT (Advancing Continuing Medical Education-Through Information Technology (ICT) is Empowering Communication’s pioneering distance learning methodology for health care professionals in low and middle income countries. Read more. The intervention demonstrated that Information Communication Technology (ICT) is capable of delivering world class health education/training seamlessly and reliably to practitioners in the remotest village to cosmopolitan capital cities wherever they be located.
Click here to read more about ACME-IT.
Using the World Space satellite platform, Empowering Communications applied distance learning in primary and secondary education and for health care professionals.
Gregory Pirio developed an award-wining interactive computer-based program, Health Journalism, designed to train journalists in improved health reporting. Health Journalism received two prestigious CINDYS (Cinema in Industry Awards) in United States and international competitions
The services that Empowering Communication provides in the area of distance learning include:
- Needs assessment
- Concept development and systems design
- Proposal development and writing
- Content and story board development
- Establishment of effective institutional framework
- Supervision of software development
- Project supervision
- Incorporation feedback and evaluation methods appropriate to verify educational effectiveness
- Formative and evaluative quantitative and qualitative research and analysis
- Preparation of project reports